High Quality Program in Computer Science F7480101
- 1. PROGRAM OVERVIEW
High-quality training program (CLC) in Computer Science (KHMT) prepares Computer Science engineers with theoretical knowledge and computational techniques as the foundation for designing and applying computer systems. This is the most important industry in the fields related to Information Technology (IT). Students not only learn the knowledge of mathematics, statistics and programming but also are equipped with knowledge of software technology and modern data analysis tools to become data scientists. Data Scientist - is the most attractive profession in the 21st century voted by Harvard Business Review.
Indeed, most businesses today collect or create large blocks of data. Characteristics of this data are very large, varied, complex and rapidly changing structures. In addition to learning basic and intensive knowledge to perform the work of a software engineer, CLC Engineer will be equipped with methods and techniques to exploit information and knowledge from the Data sources such as data of financial institutions, business data, social network data, biological data, environmental data, ..., to help organizations and enterprises exploit the maximum of information resources information hidden behind data, thereby determining opportunities and challenges in production and business activities as well as determining trends to help organizations and businesses develop sustainably.
1.2. Differences of High quality program
- About training organization: small class size (up to 40 students for theoretical study and up to 20 students for practical study), comfortable facilities, modern and dynamic learning environment ; supported by tutors, school counselors, mentors ...; Being taught and supervised strictly by highly qualified, professional and enthusiastic lecturers at home and abroad, .. ensure the quality of training and output to meet the needs of society.
- About the characteristics of the CLC program compared with the standard training program: taught by good teachers and good scientific research capacity; 50% of industry and specialized basic subjects are taught in English; received professional training and certification from enterprises; students who wish and have financial and academic qualifications can register for study, exchange one semester or graduate with a prestigious university abroad, for example in Taiwan or Czech Republic.
High Quality Computer Science Engineers can take on the following job positions:
• Software engineer
• Information system engineer
• Data scientist - undertaking job positions in most organizations, businesses need expert data analysis.
Graduates have the necessary knowledge and skills to be able to learn new technologies to develop their long-term careers; having a solid knowledge base and scientific research ability to continue studying and studying at higher levels. Good students can be considered for transfer to a master or doctoral degree of the Faculty of Information Technology, Ton Duc Thang University.
- 2. THE EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES
The Expected Learning Outcomes (ELOs) is the starting point of the curriculum design process and is built according to a rigorous, scientific process in which it reflects the vision and mission of the university and faculties and is suitable to the course objectives and meets the needs of stakeholders.
The ELOs will be concretized according to the principle of "directional compatibility" in step-by-step subjects to help learners gain professional qualifications & skills in knowledge, skills, attitudes and professional responsibilities after completing the training program. The content of the program also enhances group work activities, training habits of active self-studies and creative thinking for students to be proactive and ready for development opportunities.
The ELOs are committed by the University to students, society and published on the Website.
- 3. CURRICULUM
The curriculum is a system of theoretical and practical knowledge that is designed synchronously with the method of teaching, learning and evaluating learning outcomes to ensure learners accumulate knowledge, gain the necessary competencies according to the published expected learning outcomes corresponding to the university level. The curriculum of Ton Duc Thang University is built in a way that is compatible with the program of the world's TOP 100 universities according to the rankings of QS and THE but is adjusted to suit the conditions and realty in Vietnam and the training target of Ton Duc Thang University.
Periodically, the university reviews and evaluates the curriculum to ensure that the students meet the requirements of society in terms of professionalism after graduation as well as update the changes in technology and new business methods, etc. This process has the full participation of key stakeholders including scientists, employers, alumni, students, and lecturers. The TOP 100 program has been delivered by the university since 2015 to train human resources to meet the labor market and global integration trend, to help students to be more active and self-study, to approach the latest training approaches in the world.
The curriculums are published to students through student portal and on the website.