In the current global integration process, the global labor market in the South-East Asia in general, and in Vietnam in particular, have a great demand for power resources not only of high level, but also It must be of high quality as a qualified human resource. The goal of Ph.D. programme in Computer Science is to provide high-quality human resources to professional educational units, government agencies, business, and other organizations as well, in both - domestic and international levels.
In that spirit, with the permission of the Ministry of Education and Training and the School Science Council, Faculty of Information Technology announces the Ph.D. programme admissions in the country.
1. Specialization of training: Computer Science (code: 9480101)
2. Training duration: The duration of the Ph.D. program is 03 years of continuous training. For those who have graduated from university, they have 4 years of concentration study in continuation.
Applicants who satisfy one of the following conditions are eligible to apply for admission (in the attached form):
- Applicants have a master's degree in Computer Science (CS) or a master's degree in relevant field or discipline close to the major in CS.
- Applicants do not have a master's degree but have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science (full-time) [Please see details here].
- Applicants with a master's degree / doctorate in the relevant field or sector close to the applied field;
- Applicants must have a good university diploma or higher in a relevant discipline or in a discipline appropriate to the majors registered for admission.
- Entry Requirements:
- About the diploma: Applicants who
- Have a master's degree in a relevant field or close area.
- Have a good university degree in good level or above in the right area or appropriate area to the majors registered.
- About English proficiency: Have sufficient foreign language skills to consult materials, participate in professional activities for research and implementation of thesis topics. Have English proficiency to meet one of the following conditions:
- Have a master's or Ph.D. degree in full-time from a university outside Vietnam where the medium of instruction is in English;
- Have a bachelor's degree of advanced programs from the Ministry of Education and Training, Vietnam;
- Have a bachelor's degree in English language;
- Obtained one of the international English certificates: IELTS 5.0, TOEFL iBT 45, PET / FCE 160 (within 02 years from the date of issuance to the date of registration).
- About the diploma: Applicants who
- International publication:
- Being the author of 01 article or report related to the field of study intended to be published in scientific journals or in the proceedings of the specialized scientific conference in the field of scientific research for a period of 03 years (36 months) up to the date of application.
- Have at least 01 lecturer from Ton Duc Thang University agree to receive instruction;
- Independent instructors with the title of associate professor or higher, or doctoral degree in science, or two co-led Ph.D.s.
- Essay on research direction:
- Presentation of research direction or topic: overview of related research situation; why choose research direction; objectives, tasks and expected research results; the experience, knowledge, understanding as well as the preparation of candidates for the subject or field of study. The essay is displayed up to 10 pages on A4 size.
- Letter of recommendation:
- Two letters of recommendation from two scientists with doctoral degrees in the same field.
- Having a confirmation of the place of residence:
- confirming the good identity and not breaking the law.
- Issue and receive applications:
- Issuing and receiving dossiers: by November 9, 2018
- Application fee: 750,000 VND / dossier
- Dossier form: (download here)
- Application form; (download here)
- Scientific background; (download here)
- Official letter of recommendation of the agency; (download here)
- Copies of B.Sc. or Master degrees, and transcripts;
- Copy of foreign language certificate;
- Commitment; (download here);
- Copies of publications for a period of 03 years (36 months) up to the date of application for registration;
- 02 letters of recommendation of experts (original);(download here)
- 06 essays intended for study; (download here)
- Three copies of the article including a cover, table of contents and article content;
- Health certificate;
- 04 photos (4 x 6)
1 / Office of IT Faculty:
Room C.004 - Ton Duc Thang University (No. 19 Nguyen Huu Tho, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City)
Phone number: (028) 3775-5046
2 / Graduate Training Office:
Room A.305 - Ton Duc Thang University (No. 19 Nguyen Huu Tho, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City)
Phone number: (028) 3775-5059