Program Name : ENGINEER OF COMPUTER NETWORKS AND DATA COMMUNICATIONS
Education level: UNDERGRADUATED
Field of study: COMPUTER NETWORKS AND DATA COMMUNICATIONS
Industry Code: 7480102
Type of training: FULL TIME
Computer Networks and Communications program provides the infrastructure for other majors to operate and develop. With the rapid development of network technology and the Internet in the 4.0 technological revolution era, network applications and services have gradually changed in all areas of our life. This stimulates the demand for human resources in the Computer Networks and Communications industry at the present time as well as the latter. It is essential and plays a very important role in all agencies, organizations, and enterprises.
The program of regular training of engineers in the field of Computer Networks and Communication is designed to provide students with the basic knowledge in the field of professional knowledge of the professionally trained and qualified. To acquire modern scientific and technological achievements so that they can further their own research and broaden their knowledge to meet the development demands of society.
2. Training objectives
- Graduates are equipped with systematic and modern knowledge, suitable for advanced training programs in the world.
- Comprehensive knowledge of mathematics, natural sciences, social sciences and humanities, foreign languages.
- Knowledge of specialized platforms such as computer network, communication technology, network security, network management, wireless network, network analysis and design, network programming, mobile communication, multilateral communication parallel computing, distributed programming, ...
- Students after graduation will meet the requirements of the recruiter without having to spend time training again.
- Ability to apply background and specialized knowledge to analyze, design, deploy, install and administer network systems/services and data communications;
- Good logical thinking, creative ability to solve specific problems, self-learning ability to acquire new knowledge, technology and skills in developing network systems/services and data communication;
- Ability to work with positions such as network management, system administration, network security management and supervision, security experts, network security, software development engineers in the service providers. network and communications, leading software development companies and systems in the country and abroad. Especially suitable for positions in highly demanding areas, modern and innovative technology.
- Ability to work in various positions in state agencies, leading IT development and application organizations in the country.
- Students are equipped with background knowledge and some specialized subjects in the field, so there are many advantages in studying for master's and doctoral degree in Computer Networks and Communications, and can become researchers, lecturers of universities and colleges.
- Have good political qualities
- Having a sense of discipline, having scientific and serious working style and having professional ethics on information protection and copyright.
- Have the spirit of teamwork, regular discipline and ability to communicate.
- Foreign language skills: IELTS 5.0 or the international certificate that recognized equivalent by Ton Duc Thang University.
3. Training Framework
3.1 Training time : 4 years
3.2 Total credits: 136
(in units of credit and not including national defense education and physical education certificates)
3.3 Entrance Requirements : Based on Ton Duc Thang University’s regulation of fulltime bachelor program admissions.
3.4 Training Process, Graduation Requirements
Based on the regulation on organization and management of fulltime bachelor program 1174/2017/QĐ-TĐT issued on July 11th, 2017 by Ton Duc Thang University.
3.5 Curriculum content: Total cumulative credits : 136 (credits)
A. General background: (44 credits)
A.1. Political Theory (10 credits)
A.2. Social Studies (2 credits)
A.3. Natural Sciences (12 credits)
A.4. Foreign Language (15 credits)
A.5. Supporting Skills (5 credits)
A.6. Physical education (certificate)
A.7. National defense education (certificate)
B. Major background: (92 credits)
B.1. Basic knowledge: (12 credits)
B.2. Major knowledge: (80 credits)
B.2.1. General knowledge: (13 credits)
B.2.2. Specialized knowledge: (67 credits)
- Required: (28 credits)
- Optional: (39 credits)
3.6 Training Plan :
- Computer Networks and Data Communications Engineer training program is conducted in 8 semesters with the total cumulative credits required for each student to be achieved to qualify for the graduate of 136 credits.
- There will be two graduation rounds each year. Students who qualify for the graduation thesis can apply for the thesis. The duration of the thesis is 6 months, excluding the time for the activities of reviewing, editing and protecting the council before the session.
3.7 Conditions to ensure training
- Facilities: The training is held at the head office of the school with facilities that meet modern teaching methods.
- Teaching staff: Skilled lecturers have master's degree or above.
3.8 Training methods
- The training program in the form of concentration.
- Credit management training.
- Active teaching methods, learner-centered.
4. Career prospects
Today, with the development of science and technology, especially the revolution of technology 4.0, is the era of Internet Of Thing (IOT), the network industry is becoming increasingly hot and students studying the machine industry. Computing and communication is increasing. Trying to browse job search sites, we will see the need to recruit a lot of network personnel. This is of course, because any company, business, agency, unit or organization has to have a network and need people to design, build, operate and administer the system. Operate it. Therefore, the employment opportunities of human resources in this sector are never lacking.
In recent years, the Faculty of IT has actively implemented training programs and cooperation with major IT companies such as IBM, LogiGear, FSOFT, CMC SISG and FPT Telecom. as well as students receive internships and practical training at companies and enterprises. IT Faculty students are well-trained in theoretical and practical skills, as well as soft skills needed, so many students in the internship time. receive and commit to work immediately after graduation, and often work professionally in more competitive environments; In addition, after graduation, they can become lecturers to teach at colleges, colleges and universities with information technology training.