Today, most organizations generally use software for professional operations, such as accounting software, human resources management software, customer care software, enterprise resource planning software, etc. Depending on the size of the organization, the number of types of software used can vary widely and geographically. All software used in an organization and the connection between them constitute the organization's information system. The Information sharing contributes significantly in improving the performance of organizations.
Specialists in Information Systems major are capable of analyzing and designing information system for organizations; implementation and testing of information systems; implement/operate and upgrade the file systems etc. Analysis of information system design is to analyze the organization's needs, then plan and to design an appropriate system. Realization and testing of information systems is a reality and ensures that the information system is in line with the previous design and need. Deployment and operation is to put the information system into use, ensuring the availability of the system, timely flow of information and ensuring the data security.
This students from this discipline are equipped with the fundamental knowledge of computer science, in-depth knowledge of analysis, design, implementation, testing, deployment, operation, development and upgrading of information systems. In addition, students are also expected to acquire certain professional knowledge such as knowledge of finance and accounting, business administration, etc., in order to properly understand the needs of enterprises in the development of information systems.
During the study period, students must have at least two full-time modules outside the business. Therefore, after graduation, students will immediately meet the requirements of the recruiter without having to spend time training again. They are also expected to have a solid foundation of knowledge and ability to do scientific research in order to continue their study at a higher level.
2. Training program
The curriculum of the Information Systems program is based on the curriculum of the National University of Singapore (NUS) in order to meet the demands of the labor market; link theory with reality; combine professional and specialized knowledge with practical skills training; and focus on soft skills and business practices as well.
3. Learning outcomes
Graduates of the majors, students gain knowledge and skills:
- Language: IELTS 5.0, TOEIC 500 or other equivalent international English certificates.
- Soft skills: teamwork, independent work, time management, case management.
- Professional knowledge and professional skills: students are equipped with basic and in-depth knowledge of information systems. Students have the ability to: survey system needs, analyze and design information systems, database application programming, software testing, information system, information system.
- Master of Computer Science in Information Systems.
- Ability to study at higher education under the 4 + 1 program of Ton Duc Thang University, or any other graduate program.
- Ability to work as a graduate student without passing a master's degree.
5. Career opportunities
- Ensure that 100% of students have jobs after graduation. According to statistics from the past 3 years, about 30% of students have worked full time / part time in the business right in the beginning of the fourth year, some of the better students have gone to work right at the end of third year.
- Specialized in Information Technology: Database programming (web / win), software testing (QA, QC), ERP implementation, database management, Business Analysis (BA).
- Introductory internships and work at affiliate companies including TMA, FPT (Software, Telecom), Larion, GameLoft, NashTech, NUS, Fujinet, KMS, Logigear, Logix Tek , IDTech, Axon Active.