High quality program (HQP) of Software Engineering is designed to best cater the labor market needs; linking academic the academic aspects with the real-life industrial practice; combining professional and specialized knowledge with practical skills; focusing on soft skills and business internship.
This program educates Software Engineers to master the software development processes in a professional manner to create high quality software products that meet the needs of the software industry to uplift the overall social life. Students are equipped with in-depth knowledge of the software industry, including: the software development process; the skills of applying software tools to support the development of various software; essential knowledge related to phases implemented in a software project such as requirements collection, analysis, design, programming, testing, operation and maintenance of software etc.
2. Highlights of the High quality program
The difference between HQP and the normal program is that it is taught by well-qualified lecturers and researchers. About 50% of the subjects are taught in English; students can practice in professionally certified environments; students also have an opportunity to study in a reputable university abroad, such as in Taiwan or the Czech Republic.
Students are organized in smaller groups (maximum 40 students for theoretical studies and up to 20 students for the practical training), with all modern facilities and healthy learning environment. There is a team of very dynamic and enthusiastic lecturers and teaching assistants to teach and supervise the students in a highly professional manner, who are committed to produce highly efficient and competent students.
3. Training program
Software Engineering (high quality) - code: F7480103
- The Software Engineering (High Quality) program is offered in 8 semesters, with the total cumulative credits required for each student to graduate is 142 credits.
- Training method: training program in the form of concentration and management training under the credit system; Teaching methods are student-centered, enhancing students autonomy in learning.
- Especially with the vocational training program, students are trained by business experts and in the real enterprise environment.
Some modules of vocational certification have been integrated into the curriculum. Therefore, students can enroll themselves and they have the opportunity to obtain a vocational certificate. Students can register to attend the semester abroad in 3rd or 4th year with the cost of about 25 millions VND (without airfare and living expenses).
Army semesters are designed specifically for students who have studied National Defense Education and have experienced life in the military environment to help train their life skills, confidence, gratitude and effort.
4. Learning outcome:
In order to be considered for graduation, students must accumulate and meet the requirements according to the standards and skills specified in the curriculum and meet the standards.
- The Global Software Talent (GST) certificate issued by FPT, the Agile / Scrum certificate issued by Axon Active Software Company or other professional certificates.
- Certificate in International English IELTS 5.5 or TOEFL iBT 50 or equivalent.
- Achieve extra curricular activities as required by the program.
- Get soft skills, professional skills.
5. Career prospects
Software Engineering engineers acquire the skills needed to engage in software projects with different roles such as:
- Business Analyst (BA)
- Software Architect (SA)
- Software Tester
- Bridge System Engineer (BrSE)
Students after graduation, have the knowledge and skills necessary to be able to learn new technologies themselves to develop long-term career, they can develop software to meet the real needs arising from social reality, or they can also set up their own companies. The students develop a strong foundation of knowledge and ability to do research in order to continue their study at a higher level. Excellent students can be considered to pursue master's or doctoral level of the Faculty of Information Technology, Ton Duc Thang University.