Based on the Prime Minister's Decision No. 158 / QD-TTg on January 29th, 2015 on approving the project on experimental renewal of operation mechanism of Ton Duc Thang University in the period of 2015-2017; Official Letter No. 1239/KTKĐCLGD of the The Department for Examination and Expertise of Education Quality signed on July 28th, 2014 on the approve of doctoral degree for students completing the Ph.D. program in the framework of bilateral cooperation between Ton Duc Thang University with Ostrava Technical University (www.vsb.cz), Ton Duc Thang University is pleased to announce the part-time, or sandwich, program for the 2018-2019 academic year to lecturers, researchers, scientific officers at universities, colleges, research institutes; others who wish to become university or colleges lecturers; researchers, scientists and technologists as follows:
1. SPECIALIZATION OF TRAINING:
- Informatics Technology (Computer Science)
2. ADMISSION: Examination and recruitment.
3. APPLICATION DOSSIER:
- Notarized copy of B.Sc. degree;
- Notarized copy of undergraduate transcript;
- Notarized copy of M.Sc.degree;
- Notarized copy of graduate transcript;
- Curriculum vitae (in English);
- English language proficiency: a certificate of English proficiency equivalent to B1 (or grade 3/6 or above in the European framework of reference for languages).
- Essay on research topics (in English).
The following applicants are not required to submit a certificate of English proficiency:
- Having a bachelor's degree or a master's degree abroad trained in which the official language of study is English;
- University degree of English language.
4. TRAINING TIME AND PROGRAM:
- Training time is 4 years.
- Training programs, materials, syllabuses ... are from the Technical University of Ostrava.
5. TRAINING LOCATION:
- Ton Duc Thang University (www.tdt.edu.vn);
- Ostrava Technical University (www.vsb.cz).
6. TEACHING LANGUAGE: English
- Basic and specialized subjects are taught in English;
- Essays, dissertation reports, Ph.D. dissertations ... must be written, reported and protected in English;
- Ph.D. thesis defense: before the National Defense Council and conducted at the Technical University of Ostrava.
7. GUIDANCE GUIDELINES:
- Main instructor: Professors, associate professors of the Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic are experienced lecturers in scientific research, have pedagogical qualifications and international experience;
- Assitant instructor are professors, associate professors, Ph.D.s of TDTU and other universities who have experience in teaching and researching, and have participated in postgraduate training at least 3 years.
8. GOVERNMENT INDICATORS:
- From 3 to 5 Ph.D. students per academic year.
9. DOCUMENTATION AND RECOGNITION OF VEHICLES:
- The doctoral student completes his study and research duties and successfully defends his doctoral dissertation before the National Defense Council (the Czech Republic), the Ostrava Technical University where the Fellows attend. The PhD degree is internationally valid .
- The doctoral degree received from this training program is recognized by the Ministry of Education and Training in accordance with the Official Letter No. 1239/KTKĐCLGD of The Department for Examination and Expertise of Education Quality signed on July 28th, 2014 and the Official Letter No. 156/KTKĐCLGD of the Department signed on February 20th, 2017.
10. TRAINING COSTS:
- Training costs are paid by the trainee (Ph.D. student). Tuition fees: 2018 - 2022 (enrollment in September 2018): VND 66 million/academic year (equivalent to USD 3,000/academic year).
- The fees in USD are the same throughout the course. Students pay tuition fees in Vietnamese currency corresponding to USD rate of Vietcombank for each time of payment. However, the policy of the Czech Republic allows universities in the Czech Republic to adjust their tuition fees separately (the following year may differ from the previous year).
- TDTU has a policy of granting scholarships to PhD students from the beginning of 2016. Students who wish to receive scholarships for the Ph.D. program, please contact: Office of Science and Technology Development (levanut @ tdt.edu.vn) and / or the Graduate Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information, conditions and application procedures.
11. TRAINING PROCESS, LEARNING PLAN, RESEARCH:
Study plan, study mainly consists of the following points:
- Study and take examinations of basic, specialized subjects and English language;
- Scientific research: articles, scientific reports, seminars, conferences;
- National examination and defense of Ph.D. dissertation proposal;
- To submit doctoral theses for protection;
- Ph.D. thesis defense;
- The results of studies and researches of the PhD students are the subjects in the training program, essays, conference articles, scientific journals, branch journals, and doctoral dissertations. and successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis before the National Defense Council.
12. ADVANTAGES OF THE PROGRAM:
- Training quality and qualifications are available throughout Europe and internationally;
- Ostrava Technical University is in the TOP (# 201-250) of the best universities in the world according to the BRICS & the emerging economies in 2017 of The Times Higher Education World Universities Rangking .
- TDTU is the second largest university in Vietnam, the number one university system in Vietnam in terms of science and technology and new knowledge creation since the beginning of 2016. TDTU organizes international seminars for study and research of students such as ICFE2015, ICFE2016, ICFE2017; AETA2015, AETA 2017; ICAMER2016; CUTE2016; ICETI2016, ...; TDTU is also the founder and owner of two international magazines: i) The Journal of Information and Telecommunications (JIT) published by Taylor & Francis Publishing; and ii) Journal of Advanced Engineering and Computing (JAEC). The quality of the articles published on these two journals is equivalent to the article in the SCOPUS journal; Accredited by many universities in Europe. As a result, students have many favorable conditions to complete their studies and graduate on time. Facilities and equipment for research and education at TDTU are now also the best in the country;
- Quality assurance conditions for Vietnamese students studying at TDTU are equivalent to those in the Czech Republic. Vietnamese students have sufficient rights - obligations and quality of education as all Czech and other international fellows.
13. CONTACT INFORMATION:
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY UNIVERSITY, TON DUC THANG UNIVERSITY
Room C004, Building C, Ton Duc Thang University, No 19, Nguyen Huu Tho street; Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City;
Phone: (028) 3775 5107 Mobile: 0948 998 959 - 0916 127527;
- EUROPEAN COOPERATION CENTER, TON DUC THANG UNIVERSITY
Address: Room C004, No. 19 Nguyen Huu Tho, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City. Ho Chi Minh City.
Phone: (028) 37755046 - (028) 37755046.